College Admissions Boot Camps
Due to an overwhelming demand for one-on-one college counseling services for the class of 2019, we will not be offering our annual boot camp for the general public during the summer of 2018. Please contact us if you would like to discuss the possibility of organizing a private boot camp for 7 or more students.
This week-long class is designed for those rising seniors from public, private and parochial schools who want to have the bulk of their college applications completed before the start of senior year. Why register? Lots of reasons!
- Get a jump-start on the admissions process before school is back in session – For many students, the first grades of senior year can make or break their chances of admission. Students need to focus on their academic work during the fall semester. In addition, many students are involved in athletics, clubs and other extracurricular activities during the school year, leaving little time for the many hours involved in crafting a polished essay and applications. Therefore, it makes sense to finish as much of the process as possible over the summer.
- Guidance from admissions experts – College admissions is a very complicated process, and many students simply don’t know where to begin. Plus, it’s easy for students to make mistakes when tackling applications on their own, irreparably damaging their chances of admission.
- Increase your likelihood of admission, financial aid and merit scholarships – As of 2016, families can submit their federal financial aid forms beginning on October 1 of senior year. This has led to new, early fall deadlines for many colleges and merit scholarship programs. Late applications are rarely reviewed, and grants from colleges are often awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- Reduce stress at home – The college application process can be nerve-wracking for parents and students alike. By handing the reins to professionals, parents can rest assured that the process is under control – with no nagging involved!
- Add some pizzazz to the admissions process – Students like to have fun and so do we, so we make sure to include games, movie clips and other activities in our boot camps. Plus, even the most arduous tasks always seem more pleasurable if you are doing them with friends, so we encourage friends to sign up together.
Participating students will:
- Have their academic records and activity profiles reviewed by an admissions professional.
- Meet one-on-one with Crimson College Consulting prior to the Boot Camp for a personal family consultation including advice on which colleges might be a good fit for their personality, learning styles and interests.
- Complete the Common Application.
- Draft and refine the Personal Statement and supplemental essays.
- Create effective resumes.
- Prepare for admissions interviews.
- Develop an introductory video for college applications with professional editing.
- Learn how to best communicate with admissions officers.
- Participate in a mock admissions committee meeting to see how application decisions are really made.
- Gain insight on how to use social media to increase acceptances and scholarships.
- Have some fun including games, videos, activities and college-themed prizes for all!
Space is strictly limited so that participating students can receive individualized attention before, during and after the boot camp.
Private College Admissions Boot Camps
We will be happy to arrange for a private college application boot camp at your home, club or workplace for groups of 7 or more students. Please contact us directly for details.