Marie J. Lucca, BA, MTS, JD
President, College Admissions Counselor
20 Years in Harvard Admissions
178 College Campuses Visited
- Worked for the Harvard University Admissions Office as a tour guide and student panelist during my college years thus beginning my interest in the admissions process!
- Over 20 years on the Harvard University undergraduate admissions team as part of the Connecticut and Massachusetts alumni schools committees (recruiting, interviewing and evaluating admissions candidates).
- Alumna career advisor for Harvard University.
- Over 25 years of experience working with high school students and families.
- Visited over 170 college campuses throughout the United States and Europe plus additional tours every year.
- Former Community Representative/College Liaison for the Higher Education Consultants Association (HECA) covering northern MA, NH, VT and ME.
- Member of the New England Association for College Admissions Counseling (NEACAC).
- Associate Member of the Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA).
- Facilitated a college admissions counselor local practice group (sharing knowledge and resources to support college bound students).
- Member of a national professional network of college counselors and university admissions officers.
- Monthly continuing education classes on topics related to college admissions including performing arts auditions, studio art portfolios, service academy applications, standardized testing, college programs for those with learning disabilities and attention disorders, and more.
- Over 10 years of experience as a pastoral counselor for teens and families including certification in adolescent mental health first aid (especially attuned to the challenges of family dynamics, anxiety, grief, divorce etc.).
- Certified in Mental Health First Aid.
- Adjunct college professor (cultural diversity and law courses).
- Community educator and retreat leader for high school students and adults regarding issues of identity and diversity including race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, social class, and physical and mental abilities.
- Certified in the “Our Whole Lives” program on issues of sexuality, sexual orientation and gender identity.
- Former Wall Street lawyer and marketing executive (extremely organized, creative, and accomplished in presenting admissions candidates to colleges using the most effective methods).
- Published author (one book and scores of articles) and former editor-in-chief of a trade magazine (excellent skills in brainstorming essay topics, editing and proofreading).
- Bachelor’s degree cum laude from Harvard University (Government).
- Master’s degree with honors from Weston Jesuit School of Theology now known as Boston College School of Theology and Ministry (Divinity studies focusing on pastoral counseling and education).
- Juris Doctor degree from Boston University Law School. Paul Liacos Scholar.
Ford Fischer, BA
- Handles editing of all media-based college applications, performing arts auditions, and athletic recruiting videos.
- Award-winning independent video journalist and editor including White House and Capitol Hill press credentials.
- Co-Founder and Executive Producer, News2Share.com.
- Content featured on CNN, NBC (including The Today Show), MSNBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, PBS, BBC and many more.
- Segment editor for the 2015 and 2016 National Hispanic Heritage Awards.
- Senior Instructor at American University’s New Media Center and guest lecturer at Georgetown Univerity (classes on journalism, video and photo editing, HTML/CSS, and graphic design).
- Bachelor’s degree cum laude from American University’s Honors College majoring in Film & Media Studies with minors in Computer Science and Business Administration.